Practice your reading skills in a relaxed, "dog friendly" atmosphere and read a book to Baron, the long-haired German Shepherd, a certified therapy dog. This program will take place downstairs in the youth services story time room.
A fun and interactive 30-minute story time for children ages 2-10 with autism, developmental challenges, or sensory sensitivities and their typically developing peers. A parent/caretaker must be present during the program. Siblings welcome!
Drop in with your little one for some free play which promotes healthy child development. Enjoy the tunnel, kitchen area, stepping stones, and lots of other learning toys. For children ages Birth-3 years old. Read on...
Drop in with your little one for some free play which promotes healthy child development. Enjoy the tunnel, kitchen area, stepping stones, and lots of other learning toys. For children ages Birth-3 years old.
Come to the Youth Services Department during the week of Monday, February 26 through Friday, March 2 to participate in Dr. Seuss crafts and guessing games to celebrate his birthday. For children in grades K-7. Read on...
Join us for Dr. Seuss Bingo and win some Bingo prizes. For children in grades K-5. This program will take place downstairs in the youth services community room. Register here.
Use your imagination to create with Lego's. This program supports STEAM learning. For children in grades K-7. This program will take place downstairs in the youth services community room.
An interactive early literacy program featuring board books, simple songs, movement activities, nursery rhymes, and fingerplays. For parents/caregivers and children 0-23 months.
Tales for Tots (Wednesdays and Thursdays @ 10:00am & 11:00am. )
Have fun listening to stories and singing songs that will enhance early literacy skills. For parents/caregivers and children 2-5 years old.
Sensory Learn and Play
A fun and interactive program for children ages 2-10 with autism, developmental challenges or sensory sensitivities and their typically developing peers. A parent/guardian or caretaker must be present during the program. Siblings Welcome! Need more information, please call and ask for Lynae at 704-663-1807.
Caldecott Medal Winners - Awarded to the illustrator for “the most distinguished picture for children.”
Newbery Medal Winners - Awarded to the author of “the most distinguished contribution to American literature for children.”
North Carolina School Library Media Association
Elementary Battle of the Books (2017-2018)
Middle SchoolBattle of the Books (2017-2018)
|What to do with a box
by Jane Yolen
Jane Yolen poetically reminds young readers that a simple box can be a child's most imaginative plaything as artist Chris Sheban illustrates its myriad and magical uses.
|Monster needs a costume
by Paul Czajak
As Halloween nears, Monster tries out a variety of costumes, including a cowboy, a ballerina, and a ninja, but finally comes up with the perfect idea.
|The gingerbread man loose at the zoo
by Laura Murray
When the gingerbread man gets separated from his class during a field trip to the zoo, he uses his teacher's animal scavenger hunt clues to find his way back to them.
|Little Lola saves the show
by Julie Saab
Wanting to be part of what she knows will be an exciting ballet performance, an adventurous kitten tries on costumes and stages a beautiful dance before stumbling into another ballerina and triggering chaos in ways that require considerable effort to save the show.
|I love you more and more
by Nicky Benson
A loving Bear explores the world with Cub while imparting messages about how the love they share is greater than the trees, mountains and stars, and how it will continue to grow and grow.
|Oceans : Can You Tell the Facts from the Lies?
by Simon Holland
True-or-false questions reveal facts about the ocean and the creatures that live in it
|The marvelous thing that came from a spring : the accidental invention of the toy that swept the nation
by Gilbert Ford
Illustrated with dioramic artwork, the story of the invention of an iconic American toy describes how engineer Richard James observed the remarkable movements of a coiled spring that fell from his desk, inspiring the creation of the Slinky. By the award-winning illustrator of Mr. Ferris and His Wheel.
- Homework Help
- 50States.com - Useful facts and fun trivia about all 50 states
- AAA Math - Interactive math lessons that teach a wide range of arithmetic concepts
- Book Adventure - A free, online reading program for children in K-8th grade that uses interactive tools, games, and motivational rewards
- Explora Primary Schools and Secondary Schools - offers a fun, easy-to-use tool that helps students complete research and classroom assignments
- Explora Educator's Edition - helps teacher find primary source documents, informational text and curriculum support materials
- National Geographic for Kids- Play games, watch videos, learn about animals, and places, and get fun facts
- * SIRS Discoverer - Designed specifically for elementary and middle school students, it offer articles, nonfiction books, images, activities and websites curated for educational relevance, age appropriateness, and readability
- Time for Kids - News magazine geared toward students in grades K-6
- Weekly Reader - Supplemental resources for teachers and parents
- World Book - Easy-to-read articles and videos, games, science projects, interactive tools, and activities
* New resources acquired 2017
- Crayola - Home to over 1,000 coloring pages, crafts, and lesson plans.
- Free Coloring Pages - Choose from 100's of printable coloring pages, connect the dots, mazes, games and more.
- FunBrain - Free educational games, books, and comics for preschool - 8th grade.
- PBS Kids - Play educational games and watch PBS Kids shows.
- Scholastic - Kids and parents can explore, play learning games, and read stories for Clifford, I SPY, Magic School Bus, and more.
- Stacks - Books, reading, authors, and games for kids 8-12.
- Seussville - Official site of Dr. Seuss featuring games, printable activities, character guide, and more!
- Star Wars - Movie information, games, and behind the scenes features for kids.