The Information Technology Division provides:
- technical expertise in selection, implementation, maintenance and support of computer hardware, software, and data communications;
- consultation and advisory services in the specification, evaluation and implementation of departmental application systems, and the maintenance of standard operations for common systems; and
- hardware and software support services through in-house or outsourced technicians.
Also, the division:
- establishes, updates and maintains hardware and software configuration standards;
- manages Local Area Networks and Wide Area Networks;
- establishes Town-wide standards and security measures for the effective utilization of the Town network;
- manages the existing telephone infrastructure; and
- provides recommendations for the implementation of current technology, where applicable.